We all know that Macgyver didn't like guns, but he never promoted an outright BAN on them. Gun Owners have the Constitution, and whether you agree with them or not, everyone has an interest in self-defense, or other issue that is very important to them.
In light of current events, it would be an absurdity to lose the right to own a "Macgyver Knife" yet it seems like an increasing possibility. Some accuse the NRA folks of being gun-nuts and paranoids, but essentially, they are simply trying to protect their rights.
So, how about an NRA for good ole knife owners? Yes there sure it. Eggs-actly!
Here are the mission statements of Knife Rights, Inc., the 501(c)(4) membership advocacy organization, and Knife Rights Foundation, Inc., the 501(c)(3) charitable educational foundation:
Knife Rights is dedicated to:
- Providing knife and edged tool owners an effective voice to influence public policy and to oppose efforts to restrict the right to own, use and carry knives and edged tools;
- Encouraging safe, responsible and lawful use of knives and edged tools through education and outreach, enhancing positive perceptions of knives and edged tools and their owners and users;
- Encouraging the marketing of knives and edged tools in a responsible manner conducive to the organization's goals;
- Cooperating with advocacy organizations having complimentary interests and goals;
- Providing knife and edged tool owners with services that they will find valuable in order to build membership to enable success in our primary objectives.
Knife Rights Foundation is dedicated to:
- Encouraging safe and responsible use of knives and edged tools through education and outreach;
- Educating knife owners, public officials and the general public about the history of knives and edged tools;
- Educating knife owners, public officials and the general public about knife and edged tool related laws and regulations